Tuesday, May 17, 2005

may 17

In Sydney it's raining and will not stop- I have the impression that the sickness of winter has begun and that this is a kind of celestial haemhorrage. I am suffering my first blogging dilemmas, first of all about the wisdom of doing it at all. Is it the literary equivalent of hanging your tits out in the jacuzzi (see Big Brother down under 2005)? On the ethical front, am I obliged to give aliases to the people that I know? Probably the wisest thing would have been to give myself an alias but since I have been keeping a diary for years hoping that somebody would do me a favour and read it and think what I wanted them to think about what I was thinking, I prefer to use my real name. Also because I'm tired of doing weekly google searches on myself and finding that in this incarnation I don't exist on the www- although I have a number of interesting alteregos including a country and western singer and a pro life anti-abortion pill activist.

No comments: